After returning from a warm trip to Mexico & Guatemala, we returned home to cold weather with snow one day - UGH! We thought winter would be gone when we returned. We were on a Book of Mormon Lands tour. It was wonderful wandering through many ruins with our LDS guide teaching us and comparing many things to times in the Book of Mormon. We went to one ruin by tribal long boats on what is called the "Mayan Nile". It is the only way in and it was a wonderful adventure for us all. TheGuatemalan highlands was exceptionally beautiful with its 3 volcano peaks and steam vents in one we could see. All in all it was a great trip.
Now we are just awaiting the arrival of spring. It is beautiful and sunny outside, but cold, cold! I planted about 100 tulip bulbs last fall and have just found out we have critters behind us that come and dig up and eat the bulbs. But I hope a few survived. We are working on a flower, shrub & tree planting plan for when the weather allows us to beautify our yard. We still love living here amid the beautiful scenery and serenity here. It is peaceful and beautiful.
Can't believe that Easter is almost upon us. Time flies fast. I do love Easter time though because it turns our thought towards Jesus Christ and his important place in our lives. Because He Lives, I Live! What a powerful thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"BE"
Santa Brent & girls
About Me
- PAT
- Sewing has always been my first passion in crafts. I have tried it all from clothes to swimsuits to wedding dresses. Now I quilt, make cloth bowls, aprons & pillowcases. It keeps me out of trouble! :)
granddaughters & their aprons by me
cloth bowl
aprons by pat
No comments:
Post a Comment